Review by MegaSlicer

"Anyone who liked the first one will be blown away by this."

Finally, the long awaited game is out! This game was worth the wait. Trust me.

Gameplay (10/10)- This game is easy to learn, but hard to master. The controls seem complex, but they are easy to learn. Like most of today's First Person Shooters, you can use the mouse to help you look around and shoot. This makes it easy to move around. Moving and using your jetpack gets easy very quickly.

Story (?/?)- Not much of a story here. The instruction booklet has some info on the story, but none of it effects the game, except in the few single player training maps, which are a bit boring, except for the first one, which has an in game movie of you getting shot down.

Sound (9/10)- The sound is well done, but it's what you would expect with explosives and lasers. The music, however is great, as it fits in with the action(at least, for me). They are coming out with a soundtrack, which is good, but I'd prefer to listen to the music from the game CD, which would also be cheaper then buying a CD for around $10.

Graphics (10/10)- The graphics are well done. They had some realism with the graphics, but not full realism. When you go into, or out of the water, a splash is made. One disappointing thing is you can't knock down trees with vehicles like the tank. Speaking of which, the vehicles are well done. You can see many shades of color on them. The weapons are also nicely done, such as the spinfusor, and the shock lance, which looks like a high tech cattle prod, and is fun to use on the enemies who aren't observent. The electric effect on them looks funny. :)

Replayability (10/10)- If you were hooked on Tribes 1, good luck getting yourself away from this game. The online play is fun, but a lot of servers have team damage on, which can be annoying from team killers. But hopefully, those annoying newbie team killers will stop in due time. Maybe not, but one can hope.

Buy or Rent ?- My advice is to buy this game ASAP! This game is one of the best First Person Shooters I played, and I played a lot of them. The only bad thing is the price of 39.99, which can be a pain if you don't get much money often. Only people who dislike these types of games wouldn't like it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/08/01, Updated 04/08/01