Game won't allow installion on 64bit computer?

1. Anyone got any suggestions on how to get the game to install? windows 7 64bit. Just says "The version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see where you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. Is it saying buy a 64bit version of this game?

User Info: Darth_ants

Darth_ants - 6 years ago
    Were did you get the game? Is it a hard disk copy or a download?

User Info: immortalENKI

immortalENKI - 6 years ago
    No it is cd. Original straight out of the big box.

User Info: Darth_ants

Darth_ants - 6 years ago
    Your solution got the red screen to show up as if to install, but crashed after that

User Info: Mr_Chuck_Finley

Mr_Chuck_Finley - 2 years ago

Answers

1. I would suggest trying to rip the CD image to an ISO and then run it through a virtual drive (daemon tools, power ISO etc.) in compatibility mode with windows 95 or 98. if neither of those works and you really want to play the game you can download it from gog.com for $5.99. if you go for the download make sure too use their download client, i used my browsers DL client the first time and got the same issue you're having now. Also as far as i know there is now 64bit version of this game, however gog.com has modded it to run on XP or Vista 32 or 64bit. runs just fine on my windows 7 64bit.

User Info: immortalENKI

immortalENKI - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. GOG has released a version that works in windows 7 - 64 bit.

User Info: darkmistkpo

darkmistkpo - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. I may be a little late on this, but I too had the same problem until I did this. Put in the Play disk, explore the disk, and click on Autorun.exe don't click on setup.exe or you'll get the same problem. That's how I got mine to work. Hope it works for you too.

User Info: Punky_Skunk

Punky_Skunk - 3 years ago 0 0
  4. Wait I meant the install disk! My bad... I'm new to this. Put in the Install disk, explore the disk, then click autorun.exe.

User Info: Punky_Skunk

Punky_Skunk - 3 years ago 0 0
  5. Go into the disk with explorer.

Run Setup.exe from the setup folder.

Instal mods / patches as needed.

User Info: EvilTyger

EvilTyger - 1 year ago 0 0