How can I play Age Of Empires 2 Conquerors on Windows 7?

1. My XP computer crashed and I bought a Windows 7 laptop. I want to play Age of Empires 2 Conquerors on my Windows 7 computer.

User Info: lejackson

lejackson - 6 years ago

Answers

1. I think its possible to play aoe 2 on windows 7 without any issues.. but if you are facing problems then i suggest you to specify the problems you face so i can try and figure it out..

For queries like this i suggest you visit this new site , solutions to most of the queries are answered by aoe experts around the globe. do check it out
    www.aoeexchange.com

User Info: MaheshShenoy

MaheshShenoy - 6 years ago 0 1
  2. Well if I am not wrong, you must be facing an issue with the color when you are playing the game. If that is the case then do the following.[Please ensure that the name of the executable to the Conquerors game is Age2X.exe]:

1. Create a file named "RunGame.bat". To do so open notepad and then press Save As. Then from Save As Type, select All files, and in the name type "RunGame.bat". Save it in the folder where the game files are present

2. Now in the file type the following:

taskkill /F /IM Explorer.exe
    Age2X.exe
    Explorer.exe

3. Now save the file, and close it. To run the game, all you have to do is run the file "RunGame.bat", by double-clicking it.

User Info: rohitmitra5752

rohitmitra5752 - 6 years ago 0 0