How to fix the resolution?

1. I want to play it in a widescreen monitor, i know you can change the information of the game by modifying a file *.ini or something like that ..
    does someone has fix this???

User Info: fgcordero

fgcordero - 7 years ago
    I've been looking for it around the net for some time now and AFAIK it's hard coded into the game, so sorry, no AoE II in widescreen. It may not be much of a consolation, but it's the same with me and my HD monitor...

User Info: Pietraz

Pietraz - 6 years ago

1. There is a patch that allows you to play AoE2 Conquerors in Widescreen (or just your default desktop resolution) It also fixes any graphic issues in vista(apparently) and Win7(works for sure).

If you want the forum topic (on Widescreen Gaming Forums) it's here.
    www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18102

If you want the installer, it's here.
    www.boekabart.net/aoe2wide/latestpatcher/AoE2WideSetup.msi

If the link opens up in a weird text file on your browser, just save the page as an .msi

Here are the steps to run the Patch:

Step 1:
    Run the msi, it will make an icon on your desktop.

Step 2:
    Run the icon on your desktop. It will run through a quick batch file (should take less than a minute) And will create another batch file on your desktop. (Under the name of your screen resolution or something like that.)

Step 3:
    Rename the batch file to whatever you want your shortcut to be called (give it an icon if you want :D ) And run it. It will run the main menu and cinematics normally, but in-game will be your default resolution size (If your desktop is widescreen, so will AoE2)

That's It! Hope this helps anybody looking for this fix. :D

User Info: compyHaX

compyHaX - 5 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Don't worry, I think I has fix this. Judging by what you've written you haven't adjusted the resolution in the game it's self? If not, go to the options menu in the game. Additionally, depending on what OS you're using you can adjust the resolution by right-clicking the icon and clicking the compalibility menu.

User Info: kenny51092

kenny51092 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. I might be wrong, but I think it is in options, at the main menu

User Info: Monkeyladboy

Monkeyladboy - 6 years ago 0 0