Question from garougt

The game freezes randomly at loading screens?

I have Windows 7 64-bit OS,

This doesn't happen all the time, but if it does, it usually ends up freezing up the whole computer locking the keys, and the only way out is to hold down the power button.

This happens whenever the screen goes black in loading intervals in the game, even when trying to look at the tech tree of a civ! So the spots it occurs are:
- loading the multiplayer menu
- loading the game
- quitting current game and looking at the achievements afterwards
- looking at diplomacy
- looking at tech tree

It's not just on multiplayer, also happens in solo too. So far the only way that I FIND that helps prevent it is when I move around my mouse while it's loading. It seems whenever I do it, it runs fine. But at times I forget to do it and it usually freezes then.

Any solution to this? I've read some people have this problem, but it seems not EVERYBODY has it. I can live with the color problems, but the freezing is destroying my computer. Any workaround would be appreciated, even if it's not an absolute solution.

This question is open with no answers submitted