Question from DarqueDragon

Going from Trial to disc?

I bought the trilogy on disc, but wanted to check out a trial before opening it (in case I decided to return it). I think I shall keep it, but wanted to know if I should unintstall the demo before I install the three games from the disc and, if I do, will that erase my character from the demo?
If I leave the demo in, will installing from the disc overwrite the demo files and keep my character and everything?

Lizardneck answered:

There's no reason to uninstall the demo. It uses the same client as the full version of the game. You can install from the discs without uninstalling. But, if you don't have monthly download limits or anything, you can just use -image to download the whole game without using the discs at all (downloading the client is free; it's the access key you're paying for). For more information about how to use -image, see this page:

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Your characters are stored server-side, not client-side, so even if you uninstall the game, they'll still be there.
0 0