Question from eagle048

Do I need high speed to play Guild Wars or can I use dial up?

Do I need high speed to play Guild Wars or can i use dial up?

Shadow1975 answered:

You do not need high speed internet, but it makes a huge difference. The game has updates roughly once a month which have content downloads. Doing this on a dial-up connection takes time. In addition, each area you load has content, and has to be loaded at least once. So the first time you enter each zone, it may take a few minutes before you actually load the info, while other people on your team will be there waiting for you.

PvP will be nearly impossible, as not only will you load slower, but you will have slower reaction times for many skills to function properly. When I started playing I was on dial-up, and it worked alright. However, it was slow, and very annoying at times. Since I upgraded to DSL I have had very few issues.

You will be able to play, but it will be annoying to you and the people you play with both.
2 0

Answers

aura_enchanted answered:

U can use any internet connection to play but having a better one makes it run better (to no suprise).
0 0