Review by Moonsummit

"A war worth fighting in?"

Many people believe Guild Wars is the rival for World of Warcraft. Is this really true? Sigh... well, it depends on opinions and facts I guess. Here I will be showing you what Guild Wars is really like. Anyways, one of the main reason this game is so very popular is due to the fact you don't have to pay per month for a MMORPG. Yes, you don't have to pay. Amazing isn't it? Ok, lets summarise this game. Basically, a war between the Humans and different tribes. You're fighting in a story with other players at the same time. Kind of like a party thing. But is it really worth fighting? Read and decide;

Storyline: 8/10

No doubt, this is the truly, and only online MMORPG which makes other storylines look ridiculous, let alone MMORPGS, even proper storyline games. Guild Wars has done well with creating a storyline to make the players feel like they are a part of something. The downfall is that you MUST do the storyline and you MUST do the quests. This may be fun for certain players who love questing, but many and most people DO NOT like quests. It is annoying to follow the storyline because it is a must do. Even if you love questing, but imagine doing the whole quest again after making a new character? Not sure about you, but I'd definitely hate it.

I'm afraid this game gets 10 for this. Honestly, you get no lag whatsoever whilst playing this game, and even better, you get amazing graphics out of no lag. Hence 10/10 definitely. The scenery is truly spectacular, and beats basically all other MMORPGS. But in the end, does graphics cut it for everything? For me, hell no.

This game is tactic based as well as skill based. Fairly fast and definitely action packed fighting. The game is harder to master than most other online games. It really depends on what you like. The fighting is kind of... turn based in a way, as spells have cast times and can be interrupted like most games. It is not a click for one attack, but like auto attacking, and each weapon has a delay time. The lower delay time it is, the faster you attack. Hence daggers and knives have that advantage. Don't expect fast movements and dives fighting though. Nothing like that. Kind of slow for certain players, and not really that action based.

The battle music does get irritating after a while, one word; ANNOYING. It isn't too bad, but I don't think it is as good as World of Warcraft. Just environmental music, plus some battle and beating music whilst fighting. Nothing you haven't seen before.

Lag: 10/10

Perfect, no lag, no disconnections. Perfection.

Community: 8/10

Surprisingly, the community in Guild Wars is actually quite good. Although there are the people being annoying here and there, overall, good.

Overall/Conclusion: 7/10 (not an average)

At this point, you'll probably be asking yourself, "Oh hell, why did you give this game a mere 7/10 if the average is higher?" This is because this game does not feel like an MMORPG in the end. More like a turn based fighting game. You can't do anything you want, the invisible barriers are also very annoying. It doesn't make you feel like you are in a World to do whatever you want, and without that ability, this game kills itself. After going into maps, you cannot see other players and only players in your own party. You may also only see players in towns who are not in your party. You finally, cannot explore for quests or treasure, everything is laid out for you, and TELLS you what you must do. Too restricted for my taste. But then again, it is not only my opinion that counts. Will you join the war? Heh, the choice is yours.

Pros:
*Free
*Tactical
*No lag
*Good story
*Nice quests

Cons:
*Slow at times
*Can be repetitive
*Must party

Peace~ Moonsummit AKA Ink Eyes