Review by azurehawk

"One word- Incredible!"

This has got to be one of the best online games to date. Bear in mind that I, personally, have not played many, but have fallen in love with Guild Wars.

Now for the review.

Graphics- 10
This is one of the best non-fps games graphically. The detail's are just phenomenal. I mean, do we really need to see the detail on the inside of the shields? I say yes we do. The world is lush in places and will defiantly appeal to many.

Music- 9
Now, I normally like the music in a game, but to date the music has been too low in volume. But what I heard really does set the mood for what you are going for.

Gameplay- 10
This is where Guild Wars really shines. The PVE aspect is great and is getting better with each passing beta. By the time the game is released, the PVE should be just about perfect. The PVP is also one of the most fun around. Normally, I never compete in PVP because I am not good at it, but since the characters are so well balanced, I have found myself actually being able to compete with seasoned PVP-ers. With the addition of Guild vs Guild, the fun just keeps adding up. No three hour PVP battles like in some games. Even the GVG doesn't take that long, if you have a decent guild team. Even if you don't, you still have a fair chance at winning. Just don't go in without a strategy. >_<

Overall- 10
Guild Wars promises to be an incredible addition to the MMO genre. The server-side aspect minimizes any cheating done in the game. Lag seems to be a minor issue, even on dial-up. The streaming patching system is one of the more ingenious ideas implemented in a game to date. No waiting for a long patch to download while dying to play. The patch just comes in as you play with no interference at all. The addition of new quests at random intervals keeps the game fresh as well. Even the tutorial area is fun. Guild wars has done the one thing that even I thought would never happen. It made me actually WANT to explore and do everything I could in there.

So, to end this little rambling, Guild Wars is a great game that should suit all comers to the genre. New and old. And the best part of it is, it's 100% free to play online. Thanks Areananet.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/04/05