How do I delete stairs?

1. I want to delete a staircase so I can put a different one in. Whenever I click on the staircase took and try to use Ctrl-Click, it doesn't delete!

User Info: karagray

karagray - 7 years ago

1. There is a way that is pretty easy just bring up the cheat box and type in moveobjects on go into buy mode and delete

User Info: Jack_Russel98

Jack_Russel98 - 7 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. There are two types of stairs - connecting stairs that are built, and a one storey stairway that is an object. The one you're trying to delete is probably an object, so have you tried picking it up with the hand tool in Buy or Build mode and deleting it?

User Info: Jeni

Jeni (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 4
  2. Don't you have a sledgehammer tool in the menu? It's just beside the eyedropper tool... I think. Sledgehammer tool is effective in deleting objects... Another suggestion is that you should use Ctrl-Click again and again... (Sledgehammer tool is an added tool in an expansion pack, so if you don't have the required expansion pack, then get it.)

User Info: julius2500

julius2500 - 7 years ago 0 4
  3. The Sledgehammer tool comes in Pets and newer packs. I wouldn't suggest you get a pack just to get that tool, though - I've never even used it because I just haven't had a use for it.

User Info: Jeni

Jeni (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 2
  4. I've tried to delete it quite a few times with Ctrl+click, and it works. Well, its difficult to delete it at first, but I tried to delete it with different angle and location. So maybe you just in the wrong angle or location. Or, you tried it when you are in the other section, like you tried to delete stairs but you are in the door/windows section. Or, maybe your game is glitched (like mine).

User Info: RioFird

RioFird - 7 years ago 2 1
  5. If it's an object!type staircase you might want to turn the move_objects cheat ON and then try again. Chances are, it won't let you delete it because the game script says that it's in use and therefore, can't be deleted.

User Info: mizukithepanda

mizukithepanda - 7 years ago 0 1
  6. Try this: as soon as you put down a connecting stair thing press control+z it takes it away.

CHECK: make sure you do it AS SOON AS YOU PUT THE STAIRS DOWN!

User Info: bleepor2008

bleepor2008 - 7 years ago 0 2
  7. Ok click on it and press delete on your keyboard.

User Info: coza124

coza124 - 7 years ago 1 0
  8. I'm pretty sure you can just grab it and sell it.

User Info: AdamKingAK

AdamKingAK - 7 years ago 1 0
  9. PICK IT UP AND SELL IT.THATS ALL THERE IS TOO IT.h

User Info: SimMaster6

SimMaster6 - 7 years ago 0 1
  10. I put on the "moveobjects on" cheat and scrolled to the back of the staircase and it let me pick it up and sell it back.

User Info: m24bm

m24bm - 7 years ago 0 0