Review by SniperBread

"Good game, yet not a great one..."

The Sims 2 is a good game to have when your looking for fun and entertainment. After buying the game you're gonna have a few days of entertainment. And later on, it gets boring. If you have a bad computer, it takes about 4 minutes to load an area. This game gets boring real fast but the fun is really awesome. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Great graphics on basically everything. Although it does have some glitches on the graphics (e.g. your sims' limbs are going through walls or other things), but it happens in games. Everything looks realistic but at the same time fun and cartoon-ish.

The sound quality and balance is good. The choice of music really fits into the gameplay which makes it fun and gives you a good mood. What I like about it is that the songs they play in the game are real-life songs but the lyrics are all spoken in gibberish. The sims don't speak English or any other known languages, they all speak gibberish. Another thing that makes The Sims 2 fun.

I'm pretty impressed with the gameplay compared to the old Sims. The creators added a lot of new features and even more in the expansions. They've added aspiration, fears, wants, etc. But the one I'm really impressed with is the "Create-A-Sim". Unlike the old one where you only have a few choices to pick from, Sims 2 has it more detailed. Aside from creating sims, now you can create buildings and houses. It is fun to create a house or lot, but it usually takes about 30 minutes to finish one. After maybe 10 minutes of creating, it gets boring from all the painting, tiling, putting in the furniture, etc. For me, the best part is the cheat codes. It makes the game a bit more fun or should I say, funnier. All you need is some creativity and start messing with the codes. The results are pretty amazing.

Despite all the fun they've added, it gets boring really fast. I've been playing it for a few days then nothing new came on so I stopped playing it. There is no storyline or goals other than helping your sim survive. So basically, there is no point to the whole game. The only fun part I found about it is the many creative things you can do with your sim.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/02/08

Game Release: The Sims 2 (US, 09/14/04)