Review by Meweight

"No words can explain its awesomeness"

I picked the last copy of The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition up at my local GameStop a couple days after it came out, and I've been playing it for hours on end. This is a great game, especially for people who enjoyed the original The Sims games, or any simulation-type games at all, especially the ones from Maxis.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
The gameplay has got to be the main reason that this game is so amazing. It doesn't get boring, there's an endless amount of things to do, and there's lots of customization. Plus all kinds of odd things can happen, like being abducted by aliens, and getting your male Sim pregnant, or spying on another Sim, and getting a beating for doing it.

GRAPHICS: 10/10
The graphics are also great, and are so good that only the best video cards can handle it. The game is in full 3D, unlike the original The Sims games, and all the characters and objects are very detailed. This is very useful for the awesome customization of your Sims.

SOUND/MUSIC: 9/10
Though the music and sound has a great quality, some of the music I just can't stand. However, there is a wide variety of music to listen to, so it won't annoy you too much. Plus, if the sound really is bugging you, you can always just turn the speakers down a little.

REPLAYABILITY: 10/10
I can't possibly explain how much one can play this game. With all of the things to do, all the customization, and all the possibilities, this game just screams at you to come back for more, and keep on playing it. WARNING: THE SIMS 2 MAY EAT YOUR SOCIAL LIFE.

BUY OR RENT: Buy
Definitely buy this game, not only because I've never seen a place rent out PC games, but because this is a game that you just have to own, because of it being such a great game.

OVERALL: 10/10
Why are you still reading this review, and why aren't you out there buying The Sims 2 right now? Well?! Get over to your local gaming store and buy The Sims 2!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/20/04