"Same thing over, but improved!"

The Original Sims was one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. I expected no less from The Sims 2.

This was improved by a lot in this game. The animations have become more realistic and the detail has gotten a lot better. However, not everyone has the same graphics card. So depending on what graphics card you have you might get different types of texture.

Sounds: 7/10

The music in this game is pretty good. You have a lot of choices for songs in the radio. One good thing about the music is that you can input your own custom soundtracks into this game. The sims still speak "simish" everything else about the sounds are the same.

Game Play: 9/10

The game play in this is sort of similar and different from the original. Now there is aging in the game which is adds to the replay value. I would say you need an above average computer to play this game without lag. There are plenty of changes to the game play though. There are weekends now so you don't have to work everyday. There aren't as many items to start out with besides the basics. The social interactions and the ability to unlock things also make this game fun. You can also decide if you want to lead your sims to success or failure.

Replay Value: 10/10

This game has plenty of things to do. The aging process and family generations has made this game pretty fun. You now have wants to fulfill and fears to avoid. A lot like the first sims you live everyday in your sims life. You get to choose what he does and there are a lot of interactions. Some of these things are fun to do over and over again.

This game is a must have but only if your computer can handle it. If you have played the first sims and liked it then you will probably like this one also. If you have never played a sims game before, I suggest you try it out before buying it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/28/04