Review by stone100

"One of the greatest games that I have ever played on the PC"

The Sims 2 is one of the most fun games I have ever played. It is also one of the most addictive games that I have played in a while as well. The Sims 2 is so fun because of all the different kinds of things that you can do. From burning your sim alive to making them shower in the morning before they go to work.

Gameplay:
This game is so fun. Now your Sim can actually age. There are six different ages that your Sim now has to go through in their whole life. They are Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult, and lastly Elder. There are now over 15 different types of jobs for your Adult Sims as well with your Teenagers.

Now The Sims 2 is a simulation game (notice the word Sim in the title) of life. What you do in the game is up to you. You can live your life, get a job, eat food, watch T.V, go to bed, use the bathroom and a lot more.

One of fun things that you can do in The Sims 2 is doing different things to your Sim. Like killing them. There are many ways that you can kill your Sim. You can put them in a room with a fire pit and burn them. Or you can starve them to death by putting them into a room with no way out. Or you can make them fix a broken computer or T.V and watch them get electrocuted. But The Sims 2 is not just about watching your Sim suffer and die; it is also about living out their life.

This game is not too hard to play. Sometimes it can be a little easy and sometimes it can be a little hard. You have to keep an eye on your Sims mood bar things so that they do not go to low. They include Hunger, Hygiene, Bladder, Social, Room, Comfort, Energy, and Entertainment. If they go to low then your Sim will be in a bad mood. Nothing good comes out of having a Sim in a bad mood. Trying to manage all of these can sometimes be very hard.

Graphics & Sound:
The graphics in this game are really good. But if your computer isn't too good you can lower the quality of them to make it run more smoothly. Fortunately for me, my computer is pretty good so I can enjoy The Sims 2 at nearly its best. They character models in this game are a lot more detailed then the those of the original Sims.

The sound in this game is also great. The music can get old after listening to it for a long enough but it's still much better. The sound effects in the game are good because they go with the action that the Sim is doing. Say the Sim punch's the wall, the sound will play at the same time that he hits it; not 2 seconds later.

Replayability:
No matter how much you play The Sims 2 it will never lose its interest. This game is definitely worth playing over and over again because there is so much to do in it. You can also just live your life in this game and have children. Now there are family trees so you can make your family name live for generations.

Final Recommendation:
This game is worth buying brand new. Now this game isn't the most action packed game ever but it would make a great gift to almost anyone. You are not able to rent this game in the stores but you should make sure that you want this game before you go out and buy it.

Final Score: I would have to give The Sims 2 a 10/10

Pros
-----
- Great and addictive gameplay
- The graphics in this game have never looked better in any other Sims game
- Lots of replay value to this game

Cons
-----
- The music in The Sims 2 can get a little repetitive after a while

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/27/05