Review by Ange

"UT 2k3 + A whole ****load of cool, new stuff = UT 2k4"

Wow! and I thought Unreal Tournament 2003 was great? This just completely blows it away. Let's go see why...

Gameplay:

This is probably the best aspect of the game. Just like its predecessor, 2k4 consists of raw, chaotic action. The weapons are awesome, ranging from chain guns, to rocket launchers. The new modes (Assault and Onslaught) are great. Assault is a mode where one team attacks, and the other defends. One highlight of this mode is one mission where you and fellow players are dogfighting around an alien mothership in space. The attacking team must try to destroy the mothership by taking out the shield generators and such, landing inside, then destroying the core. The other levels are fun as well, but that one truely stands out. Onslaught is a mode where there are certain power nodes which both teams have to capture, then they must destroy the enemy power core. The Onslaught maps are just HUGE. That's why there is a great selection of vehicles at your disposal. Ranging from a Hummer-type car to a huge tank. This mode is a blast. It's a bit reminiscent of Halo, but give these guys credit for ripping from the best (well, it's not necessarily a rip-off, it's actually ten times better).

Graphics:

The graphics in this game are just like 2k3, only BETTER. Not that much better, but they have added more detail to a few things. All the old weapons look different, but they still operate the same way. The character models are great, and they even look cool in their team colors. The graphics in this game just plain rock.

Sound:

The sound in this game is pretty good. Every grunt, shot, and explosion is very well done. The music tracks in this game are actually a lot better than in 2k3. I got so bored with the music in 2k3 that I put in my own soundtrack. I don't think that will be necessary in this one.

Overall:

This game is a must-buy for any gamer that likes raw, fast-paced action that will keep you entertained for a long time, or until Unreal Tournament 2005. You don't even need the internet to play, since the the bots in this game are pretty damn smart. They are just as smart, or as dumb as real people are. I heartily recommend it.

Overall score: 9/10 (just one point off, for having absolutely no plot at all).

Why are you still reading this??????? Go buy it!!!!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/21/04