Why Assassin's Creed crashes on startup?
The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x011531ac.
Click on OK to terminate the program
gives me this something like 0.5s after the initial loading.
2java - 8 years ago
Top Voted Answer
This TechSpot page goes over a similar 0x80000003 problem in Yahoo Messenger:
Basically, do this:
- Open the shortcut's properties
- Properties > Compatibility > enable "Turn off advanced text services for this program"
- Right-click the shortcut and "Run as..." Administrator
The article also suggests that Trojan.Autorun.A might be responsible:
in which case a virus scan might be in order.
nayhem - 7 years ago
hope this works
Assuming you're in XP:
1. Goto Control Panel
2. Sounds & Audio Devices
3. Speaker Settings -> Click on Advanced
4. Click on Performance Tab
5. Bring Hardware Acceleration down to the "Basic" level (2nd notch)
6. Apply and you're set to go.
if that doesn't work try updating your video card
deltora_q - 7 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed.