Question from archerman27

Virus help: antivirus spyware?

My computer is running very slow, it takes about 3 minutes to load internet and I contain an "anti virus" spy ware virus. My symptoms are a changed background/wallpaper its blue and I'm the middle it says spy ware has been detected......., the anti virus pops up claiming i have a 2576 threats every 30 minutes. Lastly my computer is the very laggy.

If you are going to tell me to get spy bot s&d or spy doctor it hasn't worked. i have no money so please do not make me down load something that cost money.
Also any advice on how to clear up my hard drive cause i have a bunch of junk.

circustown answered:

The free versions of Super and Malwarebytes are both pretty effective anti-malware.

Without specifics it sounds like a typical vundo variant, the removal tool vundofix from is designed to deal with those - would read directions for use, from there and elsewhere (eg security forums). May want to run the ATF Cleaner tool also available from there in advance.

Good info/links in the wiki (see the discussion and history tabs for context) -
0 0

EvilNcr answered:

Try scanning with Avast.
It's a free software, you only need to have a email registration.
Also I used SuperAntiSpyware when I had a problem with spyware and it worked wonders.
0 0