Question from brumagem

Nothing happens when CD goes in...!?!

I put in the CD and nothing happens.

I go to My Computer, but it says nothings in the drive, so I can't go to setup.exe

Help me!!!

darktemplar20 asked for clarification::

What OS are you using?

Answers

The_Vic_Viper answered:

Try a different CD to see if the problem is the disc or the drive.
0 0

miniplur20 answered:

If your computer is a toshiba with dvd ram write capabilities, check the drive properties to see if cd-r write is enabled. also check your device manager in computer management to see if there are no drive conflicts, if there is there is a upper and lower driver filter fix for the cd-dvd rom you can download fro free online. if all else fails try putting in another dvd rom to see if the old ones laser lense has worn out
0 0

JonWood007 answered:

Could be a number of issues. Is the drive set to slave or master? If it is set to slave when it should be master, it will not run. Can you get the CDs out? If not, it might be a hardware issue.
0 0

SH01Ciel answered:

The best way to check is to boot from the optical drive (CD/DVD drive) itself. If you have your Windows installer, boot into that. I don't know the make of your computer, but for Dell and Toshiba systems, you can boot into the optical drive by tapping F12 when you start the computer. Use the up and down arrows to select the optical drive and hit enter. If you get into a screen that says Windows setup, that means the drive itself works, and you either have a problem with the drivers in Windows, or that the disc is bad.

If you can boot into the optical drive, but any CD/DVD you try in Windows is not seen in My Computer, that means it's a Windows issue. Open Device Manager and see if there are any bangs on the optical drives. If yes, go here... support.microsoft.com/kb/314060. If that doesn't work, it's more of an advanced registry issue. I'd suggest a reformat or a reinstall if you're not too confident playing around in the registry.

Obviously, if another CD/DVD works, then it's either that the CD/DVD you're trying is busted, or its not compatible with your system, the latter of which, is a very, very rare case.
0 0

MSpears answered:

Step 1. Check to see if other CD's work. If they do, then you've got a bad CD/DVD.

Step 2. If none of your CD's work, try finding the hardware manager, uninstall the drivers for your CD/DVD drive, then reboot and let Windows re-install the driver. Then go back to Step 1. If they work now, it was a driver issue.

Step 3. If they still don't work, the drive itself may have gone bad. As SH01Ciel suggested, try booting from the original Windows CD/DVD. If you can boot into Windows, you might want to back up any files you absolutely want to keep, then re-installing Windows.

Step 4. If you can't even boot from the original Windows CD/DVD, your drive itself has probably gone bad. If you can, swap it with a known good drive and go back to step 1. Or just replace the drive... you can get a decent DVD-RW drive for about $20-$30.
0 0