Question from cannonblast

Encryption?

I don't know if this sort of thing fits here, but this is about the closest thing i suppose.
I need to change my WiFi router's encryption from WPA2 AES to just WPA AES. Im not familiar at all with this sort of thing so a detailed explanation would be incredibly appreciated.

DynV asked for clarification::

Why do you /need/ to change the encryption type? Do you suspect someone stealing some of your bandwidth within WIFI range? Could it instead be that one of the allowed PCs on that network have a malware?

ellis123 answered:

Log onto your router. If you don't know your router's IP, go to the command prompt and use "ipconfig." The Default Gateway is your router's IP. If you don't know your Username/PW, I can't really help you there outside of saying to contact your Internet Provider.

Once in the router, go to the tab for connections and change your encryption.
0 0

Answers

DynV answered:

This is a good trick that will likely be applicable unless you often have new PCs, alike a low attendance hotspot: Only allow certain MAC addresses and allow more on demand and for further restriction, do not allow discovery, so the connecting PCs will need to know the *exact* connection name beforehand.
0 0