Question from mb_plague

Why My graphic card wont work?

i bought a 7600gs agp. i istalled it downloaded the newest driver , it works only in display. When i launch any game specifically PES 2009 it says that i dont have a graphic card but i do also when i launch gpuID it sayz 0 mhz on core and memory. is there a solution or should i throw it away???

RockJr asked for clarification:

When you said you have the latest drivers, you mean the Nvidia 181.20 drivers?

Also when you said it works in display, you mean like windows and such?

Even more interesting that when you launch gpuID, it doesn't recognise your gfx card. Does it recognise that you have a 7600GS installed? Its in the very first box at the top of gpuID (Name) If it doesn't then something is definitely wrong. What gfx card did you have before? If it was onboard, you might have to disable it (could be conflicting with the 7600).

mb_plague provided additional details:

yes the driver is 181.20
and yes my gpuID reads a 7600gs
i tried it on 2 pcs with same results
the first card was 5200
and about the display it works but games wont launch for exampe when launching pes 2009 it sends me an error about my graphic card being below minimum specs as if i am working with the integrated. I think that the card is fine since its showing display but zero mhz on core and memory. Could it be a power supply problem? i cant think of any reason except this one. Since i am already having problems with my psu.

mb_plague provided additional details:

yes gpuid recognize my 7600gs i will format my windows and we will see

i have another problem sorry if i am being so picki but i have another pc with a 7300 LE from xfx the driver version that comes with it is 97.28. Games are very slow i installed the 181.20 and still no chane not even a BIT. Games are still slow and i have lots of games.
dont worry i tried other graphic cards and they worked fine. I tried sapphire x1550 and geforce 9500gt and all worked fine. Is this because its an LE version its lower than the gs and the gt.

Asellus asked for clarification:

Does the 7600gs have a separate power connector? If so, you are plugging it in? I think with most of that sort if you try starting the system up with it unplugged it simply won't post but you never know...

Try checking in the device manager and see if the card's flagged as having any problems (either a yellow exclamation mark or a red x by it).

The 7300 LE's a pretty weak card. There are degrees but "slow" in most recent games should be normal for it.

mb_plague provided additional details:

sorry guys it just does not work. I took my whole system to experts who tried everything sorry does not work. Thanks guys for everything.

rpj92412 answered:

You might have installed your the internal graphics drivers with Nvidia drivers,this results in conflict.
Try uninstalling your onboard graphics drivers.
2 0

Answers

GameMonsterCJ answered:

first u must see that u have fully uninstalled the old graphics card this is the main problem
REMOVE ONBOARD CARDS AND DISABLE
1 0

rpj92412 answered:

Try reinstalling everthing,i mean windows too.
0 2

vieyra answered:

I think I might be able to solve your problem. I have a few suggestions bellow

1. Go to the "start menu", then go to "run " and type in "DXDIAG". this will take you to the direct X diagnose screen. go to the video card you want to test under display and do a 2d/3d test on the card to make sure drivers are working for both 2d/3d.

2. If the card drivers are working fine reboot your computer and go into your "BIOS" and disable your onboard video and in doing so will enable only your AGP card as your primary display. After doing this you shouldnt have any more problems with games trying to use your onboard video. "NOTE: once your onboard video is diabled youll have to use your AGP card for your monitor display." I hope this works for you.
0 0