Question from zgs_greatest

Why does my game start to 'lag' ?

in later stages of a single/skirmish game(exp. dawn of war, sins of a solar empire, tiberium wars), when multiple units are on the map, my game starts to lag/slow down/twitch (don't know the correct term) when they all get involved in a fight. playing in windowed mode has some effect but doesn't help entierly.

what could be the cause of this, and what can i do to resolve the problem?

thank you in advance!

my pc config:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
2,00 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3600 (512 MB)
-running on Windows XP Pro. with Service Pack 3 and DirectX 9.0c installed

Razrak answered:

As the games goes on there are more units and more graphics for your computer to handle. When there is a lot of action it can cause the lag. You can try to decrease the graphic details in the game options. That should help. Otherwise you have to get a better computer.
2 0

Answers

vieyra answered:

You have a fast enough pc to not have worry about lagg from your pc judging by your specs. If you are playing online I would suggest looking at your internet speed/connections. if you are running wireless could slow you down and how your router is set up as well for gaming. if other people lagg and not you its generaly them having either a slower pc or slower internet connection but if you start lagging you have the same problem. If you are playing offline I ould like to know what your motherboard buss speeds are and how many background services are running.("you can check this by pressing ctr+ alt +del" and seing how much of your cpu is being used before gameplay.) You might have to close a few things down.
One thing to note is that even the fastest machines can run like some of the slowest with randome unused applications like messengers and multiple virus scanners.
0 0