Question from giligan2005

low fps in COD 4 multiplayer, what should i do?

Hello
i have a very low fps in cod 4 when i think my computer can run it faster
my fps is betwen 30-40
any help???
my specs:
intel core 2 dou E6750 2.66ghz
Geforce 8800 gt 512 ram
2 gb ram
latest drivers
any 1 knows the answer??

well tried what you say
helped a bit now i got about 40-60 (most of the time 50+-)
and any way with 8800 gt wich is the recommanded card for this game i should get higher fps... or should I?

Well first of all go in the options and lower all of the settings to the minimum. (Remove shadows, low quality, ect..) and see if that helps

Try to lower your setting.If that doesn't help use a program named Game Booster while playing games.If that doesn't work too it's probably because of your internet connection.If that doesn't work too Ask to God idk more xD .I don't think 8800 gt can getter lots of better FPS's than 40-60.

With my 9800gt with everything on the highest and 1650x1050 resolution i get 90-130 fps, so believe it has nothing to do with your graphics card (8800gt is the exact same thing as a 9800gt if you didn't know)

Com_maxfps 125 in console should make u jump highier.