Question from pasman11651

Why? Does Postal 2: Share the Pain always crash

When I play Postal 2: Share the Pain, it always crashes. But none of my other games like Doom 3, Quake 4, or Medal of Honor: Alied Assault, or Call of Duty Never crash no matter how long I play them.
I have Windows XP Professional 32 bit OS, an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, MMX 3DNow, a NVidia GeForce 7050 PV / NVidia nForce 630a intergrated RAMDAC 256MB Video Card, 2 Gig of Memory, Realtek High Definition intergrated Audio, & Direct X 9.0c.
I tested all the hardware, Memory, CPU, Hard Drives, & Regestry & it checked OK, on my diagnostic Programs, I lowered the settings in the options section of the game. The only thing I could think of is I have an AMD dual core 64 bit processor and I running Windows XP Professional 32 Bit, Service Pack 3. Does Postal 2: Share the Pain need a XP Professional 64 Bit Operating System.

Also am I going to the right place to find my answers!

Some games are only optimised to play on a single processor, this means you have to disable one of the processors in order for the game to run efficiently...
Yes you heard right...Somehow a computer can be "too good" to play a game...

Unfortunately i am not allowed to post links here in the GS answers section, so i will just tell you what i told the other person who had this problem.
Go to google, search for "WinLauncherXP" - The first result is the site you are looking for.
It's a small program with a few handy features, one of which allows you to set how many processors an application uses. It's fairly easy to use and can be used with any other game that have the same major design flaw...

I would also advice you to try the compatibility modes, right click on the game, click properties and go to compatibility. From there you can either select ME or 98... Unfortunately, this isn't very reliant on XP but can fix a few things. If you have a vista computer available, this option is alot easier and more reliable. But I can confirm that I had to run Postal 2 and expansion in Win 98 mode to get it to work for me. Vista it worked by itself... Who knows...