"(Windows XP) How good can a computer get?"

Ever since the Windows 98 years, Microsoft has been building its legacy as a very good computer company. Their first real success came from the Windows 98, and that's how the Windows XP came to be as (or if more) popular.

By the looks of the Windows XP, the visuals look great. The wallpaper that comes with it are spectacular, along with sharp-looking icons, neat toolbars and much more.

I also loved the sound quality of the PC. Games like Harry Potters 1, 2, & 3 and Cars: Mater-National have sound quality way beyond of what I've imagined in gaming so far. For the Harry Potter games, the XP can produce awesome and heart-warming soundtracks, while Cars: Mater-National had realistic car sounds and reving emulation perfection. That's how good the PC is in sound quality.

The keyboard is probably the only thing I had mixed feelings about. In some games (like Harry Potter 2), the controls really made the game fun. But some other games (like RollerCoaster Tycoon 3) had their keyboard controls practically horrible and broken. But there's the optical mouse that actually made some kinds of gaming easier. With its easy-to-use buttons and accessibility, it, along with the keyboard, both work together sometimes as nice gaming tools.

The single best thing that I love about the Windows XP is that it has a very good amount of compatibility. It can play a lot of games, especially the old CD-ROM Windows 95-98 discs. I thought that feature alone really made the PC feel like an upgraded Super Nintendo (and that is good, my friend).

And now, the GAMES. Just like most great consoles. the Windows XP is filled with a long line of PC-based games. Basically, the ones I was really interested in are racing (all kinds), action, adventure, point-and-click adventures and platforming games. Those games, in my opinion, are my favorite kinds of games to play when I get to play on the PC.

If you can find a brand new XP, it might last about 5-7 years in your possession, and that, my friend, is nice. If you want a long-lasting computer, you can get a used or new XP; either way, it's going to last a good long time with you.

The Windows XP is a superior game system, one of the best non-Nintendo gaming systems ever. It has superior sound quality, average control configuration, a huge assortment of kinds of games I really liked, and it has some of the best backwards compatibility since the GameBoy Player. Buy it now.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/07/10

Game Release: Windows XP (US, 10/25/01)