How do I earn the ultimate honor award?

1. I don't understand what beating the maximum number of hard opponents means in regard to the ultimate honor medal in C&C Generals Zero Hour'

Thank You, any help is appreciated

Mike

User Info: ogresinn

ogresinn - 7 years ago
    I have beaten every skirmish map fighting against the maximum number of hard opponents. I did not use teams, I beat them all by myself. It took forever. I did not get the damn medal, and I'm pissed. I don't even have the endurance honor. Whats up with that?

If they mean you have to beat the General's challenge on hard, #1 they should say so, #2 its not possible.

User Info: palspaugh

palspaugh - 7 years ago

1. as far as I know (and i'm kinda sure) that you have to beat every map with the max number of hard opponents,

like: you beat all 2 player maps with you and 1 hard, then you beat all 3 player maps with you, and 2 hards, then you beat all 4 player maps, with you and 3 hards, etc. etc. untill u got every map played with the max amount of hard enemy's possible

User Info: kllians

kllians - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Probably beat the generals challenge on hard... that would be my guess.

User Info: GeneralCalvin

GeneralCalvin - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. Another useful tip is, you don't actually need to fight them all teamed. i.e. in a 8 player map, you don't need to 1v7. you can 7v1 and it'll also work since technically, you're still beating the map with the maximum number of hard opponents

User Info: JCHERE

JCHERE - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Just beat everything on easy, medium, and hard.

User Info: luckycoin

luckycoin - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. yea my endurance honor isnt lit up but i beat every map and im working on the ultiment honor i hope it works or ill be pissed!! Do you have the original CC or the first decade?

User Info: papajohns503

papajohns503 - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Got this from another forum:

I'm sure some of the players have had problems with the issue of the Ultimate honor and Endurance honor not showing up, even after you complete all the maps with maximum number of hard opponents. This is actually a bug in the game that was introduced in one of the patches, and not fixed due to EA's incomparable concern for its paying customers[*sarcassm*].

The bug itself is caused by the mistake commited by whomever added the new maps to the "MapsZH.big" archive, during the creation of a patch. The error is two entries in the "MapCache.ini" file. The two entries add the two C&C Generals maps "Armored Fury" and "Scorched Earth" to the file. These maps were official maps in Generals but were not included in Zero Hour. This is why people cannot get the Ultimate and Endurance honors. The game compares the completed maps in the "SkirmishStats.ini" file to all the maps listed in the "MapCache.ini" file, and since these two maps arnt present and cant be completed, people cant get these two honors.

The fix is also very simple, simply add these two entries to the "SkirmishStats.ini" file. You can find the file in the "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder in the "My Documents" folder. Please make a back up of the "SkirmishStats.ini" file before you edit it since, it contains all your medals and win streaks.

maps\armored fury\armored fury.map_4 = 5
    maps\scorched earth\scorched earth.map_4 = 1

Example:
    USACampaign_0 = 1
    USACampaign_1 = 1
    USACampaign_2 = 1
    WinStreak = 600
    Wins = 600
    maps\alpine assault\alpine assault.map_2 = 1
    maps\alpine assault\alpine assault.map_3 = 1

User Info: Mulder9707

Mulder9707 - 7 years ago 1 0
  6. In response to the person stating that you can have a 7v1 match, I just tested this and it does -NOT- work, You cannot be teamed with any of the computer players for this to actually count.

User Info: Brad00001

Brad00001 - 4 years ago 0 0