Review by solidsnake4mgs2

"Once you play this, you may never go back"

I got the deluxe edition of command and conquer generals which gave me that and the expansion pack Zero Hour. I never even started playing Zero Hour until I've finally beaten the original C&C Generals. After beating it, I decided to try out Zero Hour. When I saw everything that came with the game, I was amazed. I loved the original C&C Generals, but when I saw
everything new in it, I haven't even gone back since.

Wow, this has to be the best part of the game. There is so much gameplay in this game, you never know where to stop. First off, there is a regular campaign for each side, with a seemingly better story to it then there was in the original. There are only 5 missions instead of 7, which I already thought was bad enough, but the missions also seemed longer (to me at least) and it turned out alright. After all that, I looked to see what else there would be in the game. There is a new mode called challenge where you pick a certain general that would have a special power in some way. For example, one general would have cheaper and more efficient aircraft, and another specializes in toxins. There are 9 different generals, and you go against 6 others and a final general very hard to beat. Once you win, you can start over with a new general, and it goes on and on. Finally, which I probably should've mentioned earlier, Zero Hour has new units, buildings, and generals powers which can be very useful. There are so many things to do in this game, and the gameplay is perfect.

Ah, yes, this is command and conquer's best graphiced game. The graphics are very good in this game. All the units, tanks, aircraft, and buildings are very well detailed and accurate. The only problem is that you're going to need a really good computer to run a good graphiced game like this. You also need a pretty good graphics card, and I was forced to go buy a new one, until I got my new dell. But if your computer is one of those old ones that isn't so good, it won't be able to run this game unfortunately. If your computer is good though, you'll enjoy this game.

The sound in this game is pretty good, with all the voices and sound effcts done nicely. The only problem with it is with the music. In the original C&C Generals, there were very little songs at all in the game. Zero Hour introduces some new ones, but they're still not as many as the original C&C games. Other than that, I got to love the songs.

Overall, I grew to really like this game and after beating it a bunch of times, I still like to play it. Some downsides are the lack of missions, songs, and how you need to have such a good computer to even play the game, but all in all, the game is great. You should buy it when you can, but you still need the original C&C generals to even play Zero Hour, so be sure to have fun with both.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/18/04