Question from raceprokid

Best way to get skyscrapers?

I cant seem to get skyscrapers in my cities. I'd be lucky if I get a few apartments. What is the best way to get skyscrapers?

pyber80 answered:

Yeah. Freenhult is on the right track here. You need to bring up the desirability of the area you want to get skyscrapers and other large buildings. To do that:

- Place parks/plazas (doesn't matter which in my experience)
- Ensure that pollution in the area is as low as possible
- Keep tax levels as low as possible to entice sims to want to move their homes/businesses there
- Easy transportation around the area (i.e., not just one bus stop for a 5 block radius)
- Don't over-zone. Keep your RCI meter up by only zoning as much as is needed to keep the sims happy. This will force them to build up rather than out as your population grows.

It can be a fine balance sometimes, and it will take time, but eventually you will see those skyscrapers start to pop up. ^_^
0 0

Answers

Freenhult answered:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with parks. If you want residential towers, build large parks near them. If you want office skyscrapers, then build plazas. I'm researching this topic now, but thats what I remember reading a long time ago.
1 0

Glitch in sim city 4 for skyscrapers? Open Vladivostock12
How do I change my trains direction? Open cancerman_5
Why does my city keep catching on fire? Open videogame5
Game Crashes Upon Startup? Unanswered Harvzey
How do I get the mayor rating up? Open videogame5