Dogmeat is unresponsive outside Vault 101, can he be reset?

1. For some reason, I cannot get Dogmeat to respond to me, he simply sits outside vault 101 and barks. Is there any way to reset him?

User Info: Rivan_Alumine

Rivan_Alumine - 7 years ago
    I tried that, and it gave me a "dogmeat picked package sandbox()" message and he still won't talk. Thanks for the thought, do you have any other suggestions?

User Info: Rivan_Alumine

Rivan_Alumine - 7 years ago

1. You must use the console commands otherwise you can't get him. It's a confirmed glitch.

User Info: KaRath_

KaRath_ - 7 years ago 0 0

1. Try opening the console, clicking Dogmeat, typing disable, hitting enter, typing enable, hitting enter.

User Info: Galahaut

Galahaut (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 1
  2. Open console, click on dogmeat and type resurrect. will probably do the same thing though, but worth a try.

User Info: SolidSnqke

SolidSnqke - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Along the lines of what Solid suggested, open console, click Dogmeat, type "Kill." Click Dogmeat again, and type "Resurrect."

User Info: shredded_angel

shredded_angel - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. console - resetquest 943ED
    It resets the quest to get him, so you can talk to him again and get him again!

User Info: SorrySleeping

SorrySleeping - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Unfortunatly this happens a lot and the only real way to fix it is to use the cheat console. Sorry : (

User Info: nickinatore

nickinatore - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. lol, that sucks. Do you have Broken Steel? IF you do, just get the "Pippies!" Perk and kill him. Then you get a stronger Dogmeat after a while waiting for you outside Vault 101. :D

User Info: Iwanagi

Iwanagi - 7 years ago 0 0