Question from Rivan_Alumine

Dogmeat is unresponsive outside Vault 101, can he be reset?

For some reason, I cannot get Dogmeat to respond to me, he simply sits outside vault 101 and barks. Is there any way to reset him?

Rivan_Alumine provided additional details:

I tried that, and it gave me a "dogmeat picked package sandbox()" message and he still won't talk. Thanks for the thought, do you have any other suggestions?

Answers

Galahaut answered:

Try opening the console, clicking Dogmeat, typing disable, hitting enter, typing enable, hitting enter.
1 1

SolidSnqke answered:

Open console, click on dogmeat and type resurrect. will probably do the same thing though, but worth a try.
0 0

shredded_angel answered:

Along the lines of what Solid suggested, open console, click Dogmeat, type "Kill." Click Dogmeat again, and type "Resurrect."
0 0

SorrySleeping answered:

console - resetquest 943ED
It resets the quest to get him, so you can talk to him again and get him again!
0 0

nickinatore answered:

Unfortunatly this happens a lot and the only real way to fix it is to use the cheat console. Sorry : (
0 0

Iwanagi answered:

lol, that sucks. Do you have Broken Steel? IF you do, just get the "Pippies!" Perk and kill him. Then you get a stronger Dogmeat after a while waiting for you outside Vault 101. :D
0 0

KaRath_ answered:

You must use the console commands otherwise you can't get him. It's a confirmed glitch.
0 0