Question from DrPepper715

Why does my game randomly Freeze/Crash when i am playing the game?

I have a VERY VERY Powerfull gaming computer its a desktop called the Cyberpower Black Pearl and I downloaded Fallout 3 on it 3 Days ago and it freezes on a main quest or randomly ingame and/or crashes to the desktop. ex: I am on the Following his footsteps quest and it freezes every time I go to talk to Moriarty. On my old computer (witch wasent even a gaming computer) I got to the part where you find Dr. Lee and then after the dialouge, it would freeze. I tried different qualitys and still no difference. Also i have Fallout: New Vegas and i run it on ultra and it NEVER crashes, even with mods. I think this is happening because Fallout 3 is kind of an old game but anyway.. HELP!!
-Thanks!

Answers

buzshaw69 answered:

Open up the fallout.ini file in: My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
Find the line:

bUseThreadedAI=0

change it to:

bUseThreadedAI=1

Add another line after it and insert:

iNumHWThreads=2

This will limit the game to 2 cores and prevent the engine bug from causing the game to freeze.

*If the game still crashes write this iNumHWThreads=1

EnJoY!!!
0 0