Can I run Fallout 3 on my computer and will it run slow?

1. My computer is a dell Inspiron 530 (bought 1 month ago).
    Its running on windows xp pro service pack 3.
    It has a Pentium(R) dual-core cpu e5300 @ 2.60Ghz.
    1.19Ghz, 2.99Gb Ram.
    directx ver 9.0.
    Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.

If there is anything else that someone needs to know about the computer please post and ask.

This is my first time putting a game of this size and graphically advanced on a pc.

User Info: metallicamann

metallicamann - 7 years ago
    What does everyone mean by settings and how do i get to them?

Im definetly a Noob at pc games.

User Info: metallicamann

metallicamann - 7 years ago

1. You have integrated graphics which is really really bad for gaming. I doubt you could run it. Try anyways! Also, to change the settings, start Fallout and when the mini scree comes up, click Options. Resolution, Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Detail and Screen Effects all affect the graphics quality. Toy around until you find a playable setting.

User Info: Daeragon

Daeragon - 7 years ago 0 0

1. If I had to guess, I'd say you could run it on medium settings at the least, with smooth gameplay. Maybe even medium-high.

User Info: Kino182

Kino182 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Your only set back would be your graphics card, go ahead and set your graphics to low and go up from there. Do what Daeragon said. But your ram is good and your processor should work.

User Info: jagy190613

jagy190613 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. The Intel G33 Express chipset is not sufficient to run the game as it uses the main system memory as it's VRAM. If you go to Intel's site it tells you what games run on this chipset www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelg33/sb/CS-030531.htm
    As your PC has a PCI-Express port you can buy a graphics card and you will notice a great increase in performance. A good card to go for is a GeForce 9800 GTX or a 9800 GT but if you have the money go for a GTX 230. Another thing that you would benefit from is upgrading your proccessor. You need to look for a LGA775 CPU basically and you can get Core2-Quad's which are good on your motherboard. Unfortunately if you want the latest Core-i7 you will need a new motherboard as it is a new socket size but a quad core processor should keep you going for a few years. But bottom line you need a decent graphics card to run the game in a playable state.

User Info: WarLokk1980

WarLokk1980 - 7 years ago 0 0