Review by iammaxhailme

"This is one of my favorite sonic games."

Known to some as Sonic Adventure DX: Director's cut, known to some (I think) as Sonic Adventure 1, known to all as a great game. Or at least it should be.

This game has a pretty deep plot. Eggman, up to his usual mischief, befriends an evil monster that grows off the power of the seven chaos emeralds, named Chaos. It gets stronger when he absorbs them. With only a few emeralds, Chaos isn't that strong, but once Chaos gets all 7, he'll be so strong that he'll go on a rampage and abandon Eggman, who swears revenge. Of course, Sonic will have to transform into (drum roll) Super Sonic! Once again, to save the day.

There are six characters: Sonic, Tails (Miles), Knuckles, Amy, Big, and E102 Gamma. Each of them has their own story.

Each of those characters not only has their own story, but also their own style. For example, Sonic can run fast, do jumping attacks, and curl up in a ball and roll at super sonic speed. Tails can whip you with his tails, and he can fly for a short time. Knuckles can punch you, and he can glide and climb walls. Amy has a huge hammer that she can use to propel herself high into the air. Big can.... fish. That's his role in the game, to fish out his pet frog I think it's rather tedious and annoying, but Big's oafishness is funny to me. And E102 Gamma is a robot, and he can target enemies and shoot them with his laser.

While it's fun to use all the different styles, there's mainly one thing that gets to me. If you don't have a game controller, you have to mostly move in the 8 Directions. Which is, up, down, left, right, and inbetween two of them. While it's still playable, it's a bit harder and more restrictive to play like that.

Music: 10/10
This game has a blend of music, from the popish song that plays whenever Amy comes up to annoy Sonic, to the Metal song that plays when you're fighting Perfect Chaos (When has all the 7 Chaos Emeralds) which is also the game's main theme, to the African-sounding chorus at the mystic ruins, there's a lot of music to be heard, which I think is good.

The voices are good, too. My biggest problem is that the mouths don't stop until a second or so after the voices do, but that's not really such a problem.

This game isn't a really new game, so its graphics aren't as awesome as some of the new games, but they're still nice and sharp. Definently playable with. Although some things annoy me, like that the mouths don't sync with the timing of the words, and they only go from lines to circles (They could have been a little more creative there, I think), it's still good.

Replay Value: 7/10
Ah, this is what brings most "adventure" games down for me. I only play once, then lose interest, because it's mostly the same thing. But still, the first few times are usually fun, and they are in this game. Now, difficulty levels would be nice.....

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/01/05