Review by divine_devil

"Great game, but hard to install"

Well another perfect game has hit the shelves, but while everyone wants it a lot of people will find it hard to get on your computer. My problem was that my computer wasn't on safe mode, but I had somebody fix that, and all was well.

But if you get a problem saying spooge error, the problem is that your graphics card isn't powerful enough to install it.

Graphics: 10/10 These are the most wonderful graphics I've ever seen in the world of gaming. They are AMAZING. And the starting up cutscene will blow you away. Top marks.

Gameplay: 9/10 With being able to play four different races (Space marines, Orks, the alien Eldar, and the chaos space marines) This game will hook you for hours. The storyline is fairly big, and quite dramatic ("Our holy prayers were answered! The space marines!!!") You set up your base, and upgrade all your weapons for your troops. And in normal games like Age of empires, and World of warcraft, the units fight in a sort of "no dodge just hack" motion. In Dawn of war however, you will see the troops actually dodging attacks, and circling the enemy.

Online: 10/10 This game also has the online gaming feature which I still have to try out, but just logging onto this section will also give you the latest patches (upgrades) for the game downloaded onto the disc and computer at no cost at all! You'd play thousands of people on here.

Installation: 6/10 This is what gets me annoyed. If you have a "Spooge error" when you try and load up the game, you may need a new graphics card (around $250 australian for a good one) which can be a pain. If it wont load up after you install it, your computer may not be on safe mode, or the game doesnt have the normal screen resolution on it that is set to your computer. Either way, if you can't get it to work, see a gaming specialist, and they'll solve it.

Overall: 8/10 This is the best game I have played so far, with amazing marks in everything, I love everything about it. It's definetely worth the $80 (australian) to buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/30/05