Review by GreatDoink

"RCT is better than ever"

Intro:
I'll admit it; I wasn't planning on picking this game up. But I must say that I'm very glad I did. I have played many types of games, including theme park simulators, but I never felt this strong about a game like this.

Gameplay
9/10

I feel that the gameplay was solid and pretty precise. When building coasters or other aspects of the park, you get to build piece by piece, giving it a Lego effect. What I enjoy most about what they added was the ability to auto completes your coaster. This may not seem like much, but back in the previous games I always had trouble getting the ending at just the right angle. Now the game can do this for you. It does have a steep learning curve if you are new, however, but after you get in the groove you'll be flying in no time.

Graphics
8.5/10

It has finally made the transition into 3D, and it looks very clean. If you have a good graphics card, you should have a breeze enjoying all you can. The peeps (people in your park) look a bit "boxy", but the coasters and rides look smooth and nice. They added a coaster cam so you can ride your ride, which is surprisingly fun. It may not be Half-Life 2, but it is a huge step in the right direction.

Story
N/A

Don't play this game for a story, your not going to get one. It does have a campaign, however a story is absent.

Sound
9/10

This game's sound is what you make it. Although the peeps voices cannot be changed, you can use your own music. The background music, ride music, and fireworks music can all be from your own. I was able to create the atmosphere for my park with the music option and find this option to be one of the best.

Replay Value
10/10

There is a lot to do in this game. With sandbox mode, you are free to do what ever you wish without money problems. The campaign is a good way to learn and can be difficult at the end, but very possible. The thing that will keep me coming for more, however, is the Fireworks Mixmaster mode. You can stage your own fireworks display to your own MP3 files. This, for me, was worth every cent I paid for it alone. And let's face it; there will be expansions, so that will keep the game going for a long while.

Overall (not an average)
10/10

This game is well worth the price. From making your own roller coasters to making your own fireworks display to deciding how much pickles go on the burgers, this game lets you control much of your park. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Sims games or just want a good game to play in the hour in between classes (or work).

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/30/04