Review by gunsniperz

"An amusement park away from an amusement park"

The third rollercoaster tycoon. I didn't bother to get the second one because it looked the same. RCT2 just looked like the original with new rides. Big improvement. Amazing.

Controls 6/10
This is the only part I didn't like about the game was the controls. It took me a while to figure out how to do everything but after you get the hang of it, you're good. It was probably because I was too used to the original engine though.

Story --/--
It's a tycoon game so there's not much of a story. The scenarios kind of give you objectives though but that's not a story.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics were amazing. A huge improvement since RCT2. Now you can ride the rides and it sort of feels like you are actually on it. Everything looks almost real. The graphics were just AMAZING.

Gameplay 10/10
Sandbox mode. You have complete control of your park. You can do whatever you want with it and you have unlimited cash for this mode. You can build a custom rollercoaster without worrying about money. Sandbox mode is fun to play with. The scenario mode is also cool. Even though you have money limits and certain restrictions, It's awesome. You have goals that you need to complete in a certain amount of time. It's challenging but still fun. Riding the rollercoasters you build is one of the fun parts.

Sound 8/10
The music was good. You can also add music to your attractions. Some of the music was annoying but some songs were really good. Best of all, you choose the music for your attractions so if you absolutely despise a song you don't have to turn the speakers down. Also it has realistic ride noises which adds to the really feels like you're there effect.

Replayability 9/10
I usually find tycoon games addictive but still, this had me more attached than I was to the sims. The scenario mode is more like a one-time thing though.

Rent/Buy: Buy
Even if you find a place that let's you rent PC games, it's not worth renting. You're going to become attached and you'll buy it which would use more money. If you don't like tycoon games don't get it at all.

Overall: 9
This game is awesome. I'm not even a graphics freak and that's what dragged me into this game. It's not one of those good graphics bad games thing.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/22/05