Review by RayUltimate

"Put your creativity to the test!"

When I was young, I loved playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 1; the prequel to this game. I was practically enchanted by the rides, the sounds, etc. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 has taken the world that I adored and taken it to new heights by making it 3D! With so many things to do, such as customizing roller coasters, building flat rides, making your own peep group, and placing shops and facilities, this game will keep you busy for quite some time. New additions include the Coaster Cam, the Mix Master, and the Peep Designer. Here are several categories I based my 10/10 rating on, and this is what they are:

Game play 10/10
As I said before, there are so many things to do in this game. Not only do you have to build your park, but you have to beat certain challenges and limitations based on which scenario you are attempting. For example; sometimes you have to entertain a VIP guest, and other times you have to build several roller coasters of certain length or intensity. For each scenario there are three difficulty levels: apprentice, entrepreneur, and tycoon. Each one has goals you must meet to attempt a higher difficulty level. Once you have met the goals of the "tycoon" level is when you beat the scenario.

Graphics 10/10
RCT 3's (short for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3) evolution into the 3D gaming world is flawless. I almost gave this category a 9 due to the fact that this game requires a high-end computer to run, but I decided not to because all the new 3D computer games need a good computer to run also.

Sound 8.5
RCT 3 has average sound effects. As you draw out from the people and the rides, you can here them less and less. This makes the game seem even more real. One problem is when you ride your coasters using the Coaster Cam mentioned above; the sound gets a little choppy. I'm not sure if this is due to the game or my sound card.

Here is a simple list of pros and cons:

Pros:
Mix Master--design your own fireworks and laser shows.
Peep designer
Coaster cam--ride the rides
3D graphics

Cons:
Sound effects
Requires high-end or above average computer

As you can see, the pros outweigh the cons.

This concludes my review. Thank you for reading my review of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, and I hope this encourages readers to purchase this awesome game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/13/06