Question from MasterTyler1

Why won't the game let me play?

When the intro comes(yellow words) after the beat up ship video it says there is a problem. It says on the box you need xp ,windows 98 se,Millennium(ME),2000(I have vista) but I right clickd went down to proproties clicked on that then clickd compatability set it to windows xp(service pack 2) tried to play and nothing changed.

nijpugly314 asked for clarification::

Can it be played if you have Vista? It sounds like you need another OS.

MasterTyler1 provided additional details:

No.I make my guy.After the ship video it scans for a soulution and it says it will notify me if it finds a soulution and I tried every thing I can or well thats it.But Im not allowed.

nijpugly314 asked for clarification::

How far into the game do you get? Do you get past Peragus?

Answers

Kommunist answered:

Vista must be causing your problem. Vista is known for having all sorts of annoying and mysterious problems, this is probably one of them (also, notice that Vista isn't listed on the box as one of the compatible OS's). You should switch to XP if you want to play the game. Actually, you should switch to XP anyway.
0 0

cadillacactor answered:

It IS possible to play on Vista. Here you go:

cogadh has provided a lot of help about this game. However, if you follow the give a man a fish/teach a man to fish philosophy, it's probably better if I give you a link he provided.

www.forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=41038&st=0&p=760302&#entry760302

The game can indeed run on Vista. However, without your computer specs, it's hard to know what advice to give. The Obsidian Forums are a great place to get help on this issue. Poke around there and you'll find an answer that's already been provided.

You can also check our local boards where this issue has been dealt with quite a bit as well:

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=920601&topic=47762484

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=920601&topic=48042166

Either of these ought to help you out. This is a common issue. Good luck.
1 0

arydholm04 answered:

Cadillacactor gave you plenty of great links to choose from, but here is one more if those don't help.
www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296
This one helped me play KOTOR2 and it should do the same for you as well.
1 0