How do you get Sten to join your party?

1. How do you get Sten to join your party? (Just met him for the first time in Lothering.) Revered mother won't let him leave.

User Info: Ruefully

Ruefully - 7 years ago

1. I think you have to go to the tavern and recruit the priest lady into your party. Have her with you when you talk to the revered mother and she will trust you I believe. I had her already when I talked to the mother, so I dunno if thats required.

User Info: doomtaggert

doomtaggert - 7 years ago 3 0

Answers

1. You can also intimidate the mother to give you the key. Granted both Alistair and Morrigan will disapprove, though.

User Info: tod_engel

tod_engel - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. To tod,
    alistair disapproves, morrigan approves but only slightly

User Info: weeman031390

weeman031390 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. On my save, both have disapproved. I guess it depends on your dialogue choices, but either way intimidation is the fastest and the easiest way to get Sten.

User Info: tod_engel

tod_engel - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. I simply just selected Leliana as my active character and picked the lock on his cage.

User Info: salatrin

salatrin - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. I had a few levels of persuasion....she gave me the key easily enough

User Info: dj_threnody

dj_threnody - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. You can pick the lock with either about 20 points in Cunning or one rank in Lock picking.

User Info: Ferretine

Ferretine - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. Just have leliana in the party to get the key from the revered mother and then talk to him and tell him to join you for his atonement. I don't use him though because Alistair is good enough.

User Info: StreetRage86

StreetRage86 - 7 years ago 0 0