Does the Blight spread while you are traveling?

1. While traveling from the Wilds to Lothering, and from Redcliffe to the Dwarf city, I noticed the black spotches of Blight began to gradually expand on the southern region of the map. Does this mean that the Blight spreads while you are traveling in general, or that it spreads once you finish an essential mission that moves the plot forward?

User Info: Rasker

Rasker - 7 years ago

1. Lothering gets destroyed after you complete the first of the four main quests for allies (Redcliffe, Circle of Magi, Breclan forest or Orzammar). There's no time limit involved, and to the best of my knowledge the Blight doesn't spread further.

User Info: hr_hesse

hr_hesse - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Yes the Blight expands north and eventually destroys Lothering preventing you from returning there, im not sure how far it travels past that but from completing the Tower of Magi and Redcliffe it has destroyed Lothering. Not from general travel.

User Info: weeman031390

weeman031390 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. SPOILERS

lotherin doesn't get destroyed until after you go inside the castle, so you can do the big undead battle, then all the chanter board quests, then talk to the dude next to the mill and go in the castle

User Info: thebeav111

thebeav111 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. I honestly don't know i think if you complete any larger quest main/side, because i had done the Shale quest and then the quest for the Urn and i go to travel to Redcliffe and Lothering is taken over so i guess it may still be up in the air.

User Info: AnimeKeeper

AnimeKeeper - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Just to provide further information, in my case the first quest I did after visiting Lothering was securing aid from the Elves. I found Lothering destroyed just after finishing this quest, but I had not yet even been to Redcliffe or to the Circle of Magi.
    It would be wise to assume that it is destroyed through simply completing any main quest.

User Info: Musashi1596

Musashi1596 - 6 years ago 0 0