Question from djsoundman

How many levels are there in Dragon Age Origins?

I would like to get one.

Peregrin1 asked for clarification::

To get a proper answer for this you really need to be more specific about what information you are looking for.

Character Levels
Character Types
Maps (Locations)
Additional Content
Specializations
Companions
but asking about levels in DAO and expressing an interest in getting one leaves us guessing what you are looking for

genecor asked for clarification::

Sounds like he might be asking how many playable areas or 'levels' there are in the game IMO.

StuartJ250 answered:

HAH there is no lvl cap. the highest lvl u can get to right now in the game with all side quests items and dlcs is 25. if another dlc comes up, the level WILL rise. read the manual ppl.
2 0

Answers

rikasha answered:

Do you mean character levels, locations, or something else?

You can get any character up to level 20. As for story, there are 6 main story strings with multiple maps in each... not to mention the 2 downloadable quest lines.

All in all, it's a long game that has a lot of add-on potential.
0 5

Kimusabi1337 answered:

Character Levels: Max is 25.

Locations: Well there are about 6-8 main story areas, most of which will lead to 1-2 different areas that will still be related to your goals, for exmaple: Ozmaddar, the city, which is connected to The Deep Roads, which has it's own map.. including the Aeudcen Thaig, the Ortan Thaig, etc etc etc, Denerim is another city with a map that has multiple areas to explore, all connected as well.

I will agree that it is a long game. VEEEERRRRYYYY LONG.
2 2

i450154 answered:

So, I do not know where both of you are getting the level 20 and 25 from but the game manual clearly states that the number of levels is not limited. Mind you, I have no character at either of those levels yet, so I have no way of knowing for sure, but as I said the manual mentions that there is no level cap.
1 0

snuff_prelude answered:

The level cap is 25
0 1

shattered27 answered:

The level cap is 20. Not 25 not unlimited. I have a rogue and mage at 20 and i am not gaining exp from kills or quests anymore.
0 3

plucky027 answered:

PC Version - Level Cap is 25.

Possible that it is different for those people who wasted their money buying this game for a console, but I doubt it.
1 1

Lord_Blade answered:

This is the PC answer section.

The level cap is 25.

If you're thorough during the game and do all the sidequests you come across, you should be about level 22-23 near the end of the game.

In order to hit 25, you'll have to use the army supply crates. The items you submit in them give you XP.
0 1

LB3 answered:

So far the highest lvl character I have had on the PS3 version is lvl 23. It seems likely that 25 is the cap. 20 is NOT the cap on the PS3 version.
0 2