Question from vegetableknife

When do I get cool rogue armor?

Heya, when is the earliest i can get cool looking rogue/light armor, i'm tired of looking like conan the barbarian when i'm supposed to be a rogue.

From: Darksaber310 5 years ago

I suppose the most notable rogue-worthy suit would be the Drake/Dragon scale suits. You have to complete the Sacred Ashes questline, and in the process you'll come across 6 drakes if you explore fully (takes 3x scale per suit) the first he makes is cloth out of the drakescales, (if you pay him extra you get superior versions) the second he makes is medium. He'll let you choose what armor type you want crafted out of the Dragon Scale, but you DO have to kill the dragon for it, so that might be a bit of a challenge.

Not really a real answer to your question, but remember, Conan WAS a theif...

A word of warning - if you do the drake/dragonscale quest, make sure you gone through the store's inventory in Wade's Emporium (where you get the suits made). The shopkeeper has a very nice suit of armor called the Felon's Coat for ~88 gp. But he will not sell you ANYTHING after the first drakescale set is comissioned. Also, Shale's final story quest (The Stone Prisoner - Cadash Thaig) gives you a nice set of leather boots called Cadash stompers which are looted from the final boss there. The merchant at camp has a pair of boots called The Bard's <something> which are pretty nice too. For gloves, look at Gorim in the Denerim market (Pushback strikers is a good pair that is fairly cheap). Another nice armor piece is from the dwarven merchant in the Orzammar Commons in the open on the left side when you first enter (Shadow of the Empire). As for helmets, just pick any you like, most of them just offer increased physical or mental resistance. A good one I found is the Qunari cap (+10 mental resistance) that you can loot off one of the bandits outside Lothering (chantry quest).
Hope this helps!

in addition to waht John has stated you can get a pair of gloves(I believe they were in the tower of magi for me)... I think- The Friends of Red Jenny, or something like that (I'm at work and thus can't pull up my game to check Leliana) that give +15 % backstab/critical chance and have decent defense.