Question from evisruc

Where are all the backpacks located?

Which locations & which merchants in those locations sell backpacks?

Answers

thelovemonk answered:

I bought two of the backpacks from the Quarter Master in Ostgar or something.

One before the ritual quest and one before the big fight.
0 0

JinBlazes answered:

I dont remember all the loc but your best bet is to check all merchants more than once. So like go first time before u head out and do a few quest then come back and check their stockpile. Some of the merchants restock their wares!
0 0

John117X answered:

Locations:
Quartermaster at Ostagar (don't know if he offers 2, though).
Camp shopkeeper (1 when you first make camp, another afterwards).
Circle of Magi Quartermaster - 1
Gorim in Denerim - 1
Varathorn in Dalish camp - 1
For Varathorn and Gorim, you might have to complete one major story quest each.
0 0

mn12sc35th answered:

From what I'm told, it caps at 120 total, and I haven't seen another one since hitting that. You can definately get 2 at Ostagar, and they are the cheapest ones you will find. Make sure you buy one before you talk to Duncan and start the quest. You'll be able to buy another after you complete it.

I'm pretty sure I got 2 in the party camp and the one from the Circle quartermaster on my last run.
0 0

PratzStrike answered:

Responding to mn12sc35th - I've got 125 so far, but I haven't seen any more after that.
0 0

piduca answered:

I am convinced that 125 is the max possible number of slots in inventory, because after getting 125, I found TWO MORE backpacks to buy, but buying them was a waste of gold.
(Being cautious about "being convinced" about this: of course, there's always a possibility of a bug in my saved game... But I think that chances are that I'm pretty right here about this issue).

And, before anyone asks me about "where did I found the backpacks": I don't remember.
And, before anyone asks me about cheating: No, I didn't use any cheatcode - so I asure you that there are, AT LEAST, two "extra" backpacks to be found after reaching the "limit" of 125 inventory slots - and I reached this cap when I was only at 50% of the game, right before begining the Landsmeet line quest, so I believe that there are possibly more to be found.
(Sorry for my bad English)
0 0

lbuuyk answered:

The cap is 125. When you've reached it and uses another backpack, it does nothing.
0 0