Could I run Dragon Age: Origins?

1. I checked Can You Run It? and met everyone of the minimum requirements. I just want to know if I will be able to play the game decently.

Here are my specs:

AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 @ 2.09 GHz

3.7 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 64-bit

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (0x9612)

Here is what is recommended that I can't quite match up to:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent

4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)

512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS or greater; 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 3850 or greater

Would I be able to run the game acceptably on low settings?

Thanks for the help.

User Info: remmitanceman

remmitanceman - 6 years ago

Answers

1. I kind of doubt it. From the minimal reading I've done:

Your card is using shared system memory, a huge issue for gaming. 512MB of your system RAM will be used as video RAM which causes two major issues. First, you lose that much total system RAM. Second, speed is much slower than having high speed RAM built directly into the video card.

This card barely runs Quake 4 at the lowest possible settings. A game 4 years old and that's with a desktop and much better CPU.

User Info: plucky027

plucky027 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. Well, unless by some ungodly reason I'm wrong on this one, I use a Intel Chipset4 4500MHD, which is their newest one, and I can run this game at 30 fps except in the dwarven city and places with tons of trees, and usually zooming out to tactical view fixes that. I have a faster cpu though, Core2 Duo T6600 2.2Ghz, and 4GB DDR3 memory. But still, I have what is considered the worst gaming card, and it runs fine on low settings, except textures...for some reason turning those on high doesn't affect the fps at all, but put it one level up in graphics so I can see the blood...oh hell no! :-P

User Info: bigdog91paper2

bigdog91paper2 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I am using a laptop with built-in intel card (64MB) and still can play the game :-)
    just set the graphic low, anti aliasing off, and medium texture quality
    uncheck the frame buffer for better FPS (no special effect)

User Info: suyalynx

suyalynx - 6 years ago 0 0