Question from okers12

Alistar Vs. Loghain?

Who is better at tanking and why plz :3

plucky027 answered:

Loghain is given sword'n'board talents when you pick him up. He even fights with you with sword and shield during the Landsmeet.

But in full agreement that Alistair is better due to the fact you can set him up properly right from the start of the game. Loghain comes pre-built at whatever level you gain him at and you'll have little time to customize his setup.

There's another advantage to Alistair as well, Templar Specialization. With the Knight-Commander's Armor, Spellward, Runes, you can easily hit 90-100% spell resist. So not only will he be completely immune to enemy spellcasters but more importantly immune to friendly-fire. You can send him into a large group of mobs, hit taunt, then spam fireballs and other AEs right on his head. Everything dies, he doesn't take a scratch. When he's my only tank I set him up as Templar/Champion for the Rally buff.

When I'm playing a tank myself, I set myself up as Champion/Reaver and Alistair as Templar/Reaver. Pop 2x Aura of Pain and with Wynne behind you healing the AE damage gets sick. Especially considering the two people causing all the AE are so heavily armored nothing can scratch you, unlike cloth-wearing mages.
0 0

Answers

bashirdr answered:

I would have to say Alistair for sure. You can build from the beginning with all the shield talents and tons of dex and aggro, so all the baddies try to hit him and can't.

I haven't played with Loghain yet, but I'm pretty sure he comes with two-handed talents, and those don't lend themselves to tanking as much as damage-dealing.

I will probably wait until I play a tanking character before choosing loghain over alistair
1 1

Why did Alistar end it? Answered duo775
What armor does Loghain wear? Open Austendude
Romance with alistar? Answered deathguardian08
best spell selection to defeat Loghain? Open Lynx1959
Glitch? Loghain still alive after I executed him?? Answered blaze_craze