Question from mike42354

West Forest help needed?

when I get into the elv part of the game and gointo the forest, there is nothing there. There is no ironbark, I can't shoot the arrow for safe passage, there are no campsites, I can't leave the forest (either back to the elvish camp or into the east section of the forest). I have to relaod to another spot inorder to continue the game. I can find no Hermit either. What is the problem????

mike42354 provided additional details:

Hey, thanks for the info. I have been dealing with this and tech support for over 3-4 weeks. Yes they did say re-install but I have a problem with that. They told me how to do that but when I try to delete the computer tells me that I don't have permission to delete.

As for other characters, they are there but they are the only thing that I can do. I can't do any of the codex lines. I can't do the arrrow, I go to where the ironbark is supposed to be and it is not there. I can't get into the east forest. I can talk to the oak but that is it. There are no campsites as I have read from other people that they are supposed to be there. Maybe I am doing something wrong all though I have had no problem anywhere else except with trying toget out of the map area where you get the control rod for stone prisioner. I can't get out of that area either to get the stone prisioner just like I am caught up in the west forest also and can't leave unless I want reload the game again to another spot.

Mike

plucky027 answered:

Far as deleting the dragon age folder... mildly confused here as to what the exact problem is so bear with me.

First, what operating system are you using?

Second, you should run the uninstaller from start menu (or use a program like CCleaner to locate it for you) rather than delete the folder. Here's the confusing part... you may have done this and still gotten the cannot delete message.

The most likely culprit is Windows Vista or 7. You probably have to be logged in as admin to have full control over this folder, as the default setting doesn't allow full control and special permissions for other users.

For extra diagnosis, if you haven't already done it... sounds like you may have though... reload from a previous save and reenter West Brecilian. If things are still messed up, it's definitely corrupted data. Easiest solution is going to be a reinstall.

Your latest saves in West Brecilian may be permanently corrupted and you might need to start back on one before it after you reinstall.
0 0

Answers

plucky027 answered:

I'm assuming there are no NPCs of any kind either, is this correct? Do you encounter Swiftrunner and his pack of werewolves? Are there bears, werewolves, treants, or darkspawn to kill? (side note: hermit is in east forest)

This issue sounds like some form of corrupted data. Seems like the objects, scripts, and npc spawns are not being located by the game engine even though the zone structure and textures are.

If it were possible to replace only the files for this zone, I would try that but can't give exact instructions as I've not needed to mess with the file structure of this game yet. It would probably be the .rim files, but not positive. Reinstalling the game entirely is another option.

Official Tech Support is provided through EA (not BioWare) and they are completely useless most of the time. I would try contacting them anyway, you might get lucky.

If my diagnosis of the issue is correct they'll probably tell you to reinstall as they won't send you individual game files nor instructions on how to do it yourself. They'll probably just tell you the simplest thing they can think of, a reinstall.

Could always try to replace them yourself from the DVD first before reinstalling (if the files aren't in compressed archives on the disc, I haven't checked). Can't really screw up too badly if you're just gonna reinstall the game anyway if it doesn't work.

Just be sure the /documents/bioware/dragon age folder remains on your HD and you won't lose any of your progress in the game when reinstalling.
0 0