Question from acerpg007

Help on Lady Isolde/Connor Choice?

Hi guys, can you help me on this one? from what i read you have 3 choices in this situation, 1st is Connor dies and 2nd is Isolde dies and the 3rd(which is the best choice) is to ask help in the Circle of Magi.. but how come I don't have that choice? If I say to ask help in the Magi I will only be granted 2 choices which is that the Circle cannot help me and the other one is there is no time.. and when I try to go to the Tower I cant find Irving.. how do you fix the Tower of Circle? cause they are still not able to fix the Tower in my playthrough..

acerpg007 provided additional details:

Oh i see, and yeah i sided with the templars.. but would it make it a difference if i chose connor or lady isolde? would it affect the main story in arl eamon when he wakes up?

CopperPayne answered:

Yeah, I was originally going to let Jowan at Isolde but then I found out about a side-quest with him later, so I opted to let him go (unfortunately, that quest is BUGGED, just so you know. PC's can fix it, I think, but consoles, not so much.) which only left me with killing Connor.

"Entering the fade to "rescue" Conner also gives you the option to unlock blood mage specialization." - Just as a side note, this can only happen if *your* character is the mage. Sending in Wynne or Morrigan won't do it.

"Just do not enter the final room Conner is located in, then go back downstairs and start the ritual to enter the fade." - I remember the first time, I opted to go get the mages, but I wanted to finish exploring the castle first. "Oh, what's in that room? Nyagh! Creepy child!" Thankfully, I caught sight of him before I actually went *in* the bedroom.
0 0

Answers

CopperPayne answered:

If you've already done the tower and sided with the Templars (in which case, the mages will not be there), you can't get *any* help from the mages, leaving you with only choices 1 and 2. Far as I know the tower doesn't get "fixed" until endgame (though I can't say that for certain, since I haven't finished this particular playthrough yet.)
0 0

plucky027 answered:

If you do not have the conversation option to leave the castle to go ask the mages for help the only logical reason I can see for this is that when completing the mage tower you sided with the templars. Therefore, all the mages are dead and can no longer help you. First Enchanter Irving is found during the final battle against Uldred at the top of the tower, if you choose to save his life that is.

If you have not yet completed the mage tower you are experiencing a bug I have not seen reported yet.
0 0

CopperPayne answered:

Well, my first playthrough, I got the mage's help. Second playthrough, I chose to kill Connor (since I opted to let Jowan go.) and the only differences I found so far were a bit of dialogue when he wakes up and when you go back to camp, if Alistair wasn't with you (I purposely kept him out of my party for that very reason) he gets into an argument with you about what you chose to do. There aren't any massively huge story impacting changes that I've experienced. I think it only affects things with the ending.
0 0

plucky027 answered:

About the same thing happens if you choose to sacrifice Isolde, Alistair gets pissy. In either case there is really no change to the main story-line. The upside here though is that Isolde is a stupid ***** and I enjoyed watching Jowan suck every last drop of blood out her body. =)

Entering the fade to "rescue" Conner also gives you the option to unlock blood mage specialization. If you go this route, be sure to clear out the upper parts of the castle first before entering the fade. You may miss out on a few nice items and mobs to gain exp from otherwise. Just do not enter the final room Conner is located in, then go back downstairs and start the ritual to enter the fade.
0 0

quilly_story answered:

If you are worried about approval points, I found I lost with Alistair either way (Isolde or Connor) but I lost points with Leliana as well if I killed Connor. High persuasion/cunning cuts the damage by about half. The best part about chosing Connor is getting the option to punch out Isolde. Booyah
0 0