Question from Risax

What is/are the best armor(s) for a Rogue?

Please tell i'm realy curious i'm stuck with the firts Wade's Drake Skin Armor. If you know about better armors please send me a list and the spot where you can find or buy the armor. Thank you in advance.

Risax provided additional details:

@ Dragonburst and anyone else who knows more.
I have the ''Shadow of the Empire'' armor.
Are there boots, gloves and a helmet for it too?
Or only the Armor?

luckseselbest answered:

I'm assuming that when you say best armor for a rogue you mean best light armor, because a rogue could use medium or heavy armor, or even massive.

-Wade's Superior Drakeskin Full Set if you are going to kill a Dragon (It's fire resistance will make you almost invulnerable to its fire attacks)

Otherwise there are not many unique sets so just go for some cool combinations, I'll tell you what I have equipped on Leliana (archer) and Zevran (dual-wielder backstabber) (I'm not a rogue):

Leliana:
-Helm: The Long Sight or Armsman's Tensioner or Longrunner's Cap
-Chest: Felon's Coat (This is THE best light chest armor)
-Gloves: Gloves of Guile
-Boots: Silverhammer's Tackmasters or Bard's Dancing Shoes or Wade's Superior Drakeskin Boots
Zevran:
-Helm: Longrunner's Cap (You can get two of this)
-Chest: Battledress of the Provocateur or Shadow of the Empire if you don't have Leliana's Song DLC
-Gloves: Red Jenny Seekers or Pushback Strikers
-Boots: Bard's Dancing Shoes or Wade's Superior Drakeskin Boots

The weapons are pretty simple:
-Archers: Far Song (Best longbow in the game by far). If your PC is an archer and you equip Far SOng on him/her Marjolaine's Recurve for Leliana, if you don't want to do the "bad choice", Falon'Din's Reach although it sucks compared to Far Song
-Dual Wielders: The Rose's Thorn and Dead Thaig Shaker (Use tier 6 Thorn of Dead instead of the Shaker if you don't have The Stone Prisioner DLC) or if you prefer one full size weapon and one dagger: The Veshialle and any dagger mentioned above. (Don't use two full-sized weapons, it sucks)

The accesories are up to you, archers need dex and str, dual-wielders need cun and str (dual-wielders stats vary depending on the build you are aiming for, check this link: social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/66/index/223777)
1 0

Answers

Dragonburst answered:

In the main game I'd say "Shadow of the Empire(Drakeskin)" is best but expensive, buyable in Orzammar Commons( the merchand next to the entrance to the Deep Roads, I think)
Alternativ is "Wades Superior Drakeskin Leather Armor" which is the second set of armor he will make you out of Drake Scales.(Wade is the crazy Blacksmith in Denerim Market, he has a shop in the center)
In the Add-on you get a "Black Blade Tunic" (wich looks just like the the Shadow just black instead of Brown/gray) wich is better but I don't remember where I got it.
1 0

Armor for Rogue? Open KingKaineng
When do I get cool rogue armor? Answered vegetableknife
Rogue Backstab ? Open sledgebomber
Rogue and the backstabbing, help please? Answered Zekeocolypse
Noble Rogue? Answered kasawagi