Question from Zekeocolypse

Rogue and the backstabbing, help please?

Is there anyway for a rogue to backstab an enemy without taking control of them and positioning them yourself? I haven't found anything in the tactics tab to do this, but i was hoping maybe someone else knows something i don't. I get sick of having to position the rogue myself every encounter, was hoping there was a way to do this using the A.I.

Zekeocolypse provided additional details:

Thank, i use her but i use her as a dual weapon rogue. I know she already has archer talents at the start but her damage output is so much higher dual wielding because of the backstab.

c0chise answered:

There is a way to allow your rogue to backstab without positioning him/her behind the target. The talent "Coup de Grace" allows you to deal automatic backstabs on a stunned or paralyzed enemy. So all you have to do is have one of your party members stun the target either with an ability, poison, or a bomb.
0 0

Answers

plucky027 answered:

There is no way to adjust positioning via tactics.

If you need an NPC rogue for your party most people choose Leliana and set her up as an archer/bard/ranger. Stack her up with sustained abilities rather than trying to tactic out activated ones (bard song, ranger pet, archer talents) and she's pretty self-sufficient.
1 0

plucky027 answered:

Yea, her dmg output isn't great at first with archery. Once she's high enough level to have a ranger pet active, good gear and bow, the total dmg done by her and pet is actually pretty decent. With proper management, Arrow of Slaying is absolutely sick heh. Also helpful to blood mages, who can tap life from a replaceable pet rather than a party member. Being ranged also keeps her out of the main combat so she'll require little healing and rarely be at risk of death. Most go the route of Zevran for a melee rogue.

Don't get me wrong here though, play the game however you wish as that's the point of single player RPGs. There's no right or wrong way to set up any party as long as it works for you, just throwing out some ideas is all.
0 0

Build for a rogue? Answered Blackinfernox
Noble Rogue? Answered kasawagi
Tanking Rogue? Answered EvilMageTim
Rogue Backstab ? Open sledgebomber
What is/are the best armor(s) for a Rogue? Answered Risax