Question from xNightCrestx

Shale sides with Caridin?

I want to side with Branka and retrieve the Anvil, but Shale is in my party and attacks me whenever I try it. I've altered her approval rating with the console command so it was maxed out, but she still sided with him. I've even tried removing her from my party with another command but it removes the entire party, and when I try to add the others back (specifically Oghren) it opens up the party selection screen and Shale isn't even there. Also when I try to add her back into my party with the command, she doesn't show up at all and I just get an empty portrait, rather then her portrait and when I try to control her my game freezes. I need a way to either:

A) Make Shale side with me instead of Caridin.

or

B) Remove Shale from my party without glitching her out of the game.

xNightCrestx provided additional details:

I can't go back because of the barrier thing that pops up just before you run into Branka.

I also don't have a save prior to that barrier popping up.

plucky027 answered:

If the "runscript selectparty" console function is not working properly then you'll need to reload from a previous save. This command is quite buggy no matter the situation it's used in. Often causes game crashes.

There are tons of bugs, script errors, and "no going back NPC interations" in this game. There is no better prevention than making a new hard save before every area transition. Do not rely on auto or quick save, and don't overwrite unless you are positive nothing will be lost.
1 0

Answers

Supernova_163 answered:

Just exit the Anvil of the Void. You'll be taken to the Deep Roads map, from which you can go to the world map and then the campsite to change your party through regular means.
If Shale is with you, she'll always side with Cardin, regardless of anything you do.
0 0

kuvuplan answered:

Seems like you are in a situation the designers intended.. Pick a side and deal with the consequences of your actions/choices.

Either one will will have minor effects for your ending.

Nearly every character is optional and you can, in theory beat the game with just Your Warden. Pick the one you think would be the most fun for you.
0 0