Question from King_Darius

Opening developer console?

ive just spent the last 3 hours or so double checking to make sure i followed the directions on the cheats page and the previous thread about it, and i am positive i did it correctly, yet it does not work for me. i have the 64 bit premium home edition of windows 7 on my laptop. as you might imagiine, i am EXTREMELY irritated that i just wasted 3 hours of my time! anyone know if there is a way to actually get the stupid thing to work on my laptop?

i tried to enter the skills, xp, and add_gifts codes and they did not work.

King_Darius provided additional details:

Well, i found out part of the problem by checking out the other folder more carefully. in the keybindings i had the tilde key as `, and not tilde. now, when i press `, i cant move, which is a good sign, but then after entering the code and pressing enter to exit the console so i can move again, the cheats dont take effect. ive tried saving and reloading just to be sure, but still nothing. any idea?

This is weird i just tried again. of the two codes ive tried, the money one has worked, the xp has not.

I completely forgot about this question, and i solved it myself awhile back, forget what the solution was though. Closing it now.

LouThunders answered:

well you've tried one cheat, it works. So what is the problem? Usually when a cheat doesn't work it is because you don't type it correctly (SINCE YOU CAN'T SEE THE CONSOLE). My addxp cheat works fine, killallhostiles and money works fine. I haven't tried the others since I don't feel a need for them yet.
0 0

How to know the console is on? Answered Montechizuma
can't change console key?? HELP! Open elfa89
How to i open the Console?? Open MAr05321
How can I enable the console??? Open iboddy2
Command console help? Answered darkweler