Question from SolidSnqke

Does zevran have a companion quest?

I looked around on the web and the consensus is "no." but no one seems to be mentioning the third time you ask him about his adventures. he would prefer not to talk about it. you can pressure him, but he will ultimately not tell you and you will lose approval. i was at about 74 approval and he wouldn't tell me the story. i am at 100 percent approval and the option still hasn't popped up. do you have to be his boy-toy to get the dialog or is it one of those things where you never get to hear it? it seemed like the start of a companion quest to me.

kuvuplan answered:

It was my understanding that his "Companion Quest" occurred/triggered in the main plot, during the Landsmeet.

I hadn't talked to him much at all, then when it triggered, I did not like the outcome. So I had to re-load an earlier save, talk to him a bunch and improve his Approval rating, and that was enough to give me a more favorable outcome to that event.

It could very well be that the dialogue option you are talking about needs that event to occur before you can talk about it some more.
0 0

Answers

plucky027 answered:

Zevran does not have a full companion quest.

The Landsmeet event is the closest thing, and it occurs no matter what as long as you kept him around.

The Story you are trying to get from him does not start a quest and pressuring him to tell it will seal his lips for good. It may be this conversation topic is linked to giving him both the gloves and boots gifts but it could just be needing a higher approval level though (try 76+), I'm not positive on that.

Don't think I have a save in a spot to fully test all theories, as after my first couple run-thrus of this game I pretty much stopped talking to him entirely.
0 0